Saturday, September 28, 2013

Despicable Me

Despicable Me


Despicable Me

Posted:

Despicable Me (Single-Disc Edition) (DVD)
By Steve Carell

I went to this movie reluctantly, mostly because my ten year old talked me into it. I had only seen the trailers and I was expecting an extended version of Spy vs Spy, which I have never really loved. This movie suprised and delighted me. Far from being a sad 3D version of silly one-upmanship, this movie had a lot of heart, and a lovely message.

I especially enjoyed how the main character struggled with the growth he experiences throughout the movie. We get to see him struggling with the difficulty of giving up his old behavior patterns and goals, even though he clearly sees that he could be happier if he let them go. And the difficulty that Groo's only friend has with the changes he experiences as he lets three little girls into his life, and how his friend tries to prevent him from changing, are a great reminder that sometimes when we make positive changes in our lives the people around us aren't always as supportive as they should be.

My son loved the movie too, although not for quite the same reasons I did. He wants a glass floor shark tank for our living room now. I said I'd think about it.


Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
//PART 2