Tuesday, October 1, 2013

iWant a World Record!

iWant a World Record!


iWant a World Record!

Posted:

iWant a World Record! (iCarly) (Mass Market Paperback)
By Laurie McElroy

I have all the iCarly books so far, and while I do enjoy reading the stories, the folks at Scholastic Books seem to have problems including all the actual lines used in the episodes. I have a couple of the Drake & Josh books as well, and they are shy printing some lines. In the iCarly ones they won't print the word "boobs". In most episodes it doesn't matter, but in the pilot, they comment on a teacher's "...crazy pointy boobs!" and in the book it says "ears". Totally changes the meaning of the lines. I understand why they don't use the written out form of OMG, since they hyper-religious among us would freak out. I just wonder why if it's ok for the audience to hear the actors say the words it isn't ok for the audience to read them. I've e-mailed Scholastic Books about this but was basically ignored. Still, the books are ok as printed episodes and if you understand the missing lines, they're all right! I hope they get their act together for future book releases!


Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
//PART 2